October 19, 2007

James Bond and Pinky

I've been a little distraught lately over an internal debate I've been having with myself. I even went as far as to seek advice from friends and pose my question on Facebook. The answers were varied, and although quite helpful, I'm still at an impass here.

I mean, on one hand, Arthur "the Fonz"Fonzarelli is so unabashedly cool, while James Bond, given all variations and my personal favorite, yes Roger Moore, has the style and wit any man could ever hope for- how do you choose- Bond or Fonz??

So here's how it began. Not with the Fonz living above Mr. and Mrs. C's garage scoring chicks, or with Roger Moore chasing after the Faberge egg in Cairo, but me with my brand new little baby--my ipod itouch.
My sparkly new itouch needed a name. In fact, both my computer and itunes were demanding a title for my new treasure and I was not prepared at all for this request.

Its black and silver. debonaire. shiny. the epitome of first-class cool and the envy of all those with Hands and Fingers. The companion to my new accessoire' is my hot pink ipod nano. She is a beaute as well. Also top of her game, feminine, unique to me, and so appropritaely named "Pinky Tescadero." She is tip-top.

As you can see, my first instinct would of course be to name my new itouche' "the Fonz." But would I be pigeon-holing myself into a genre that in general I wasnt that crazy about to begin with? And how do I know James and Bond and Pinky Tescadero would even get along? They'd have to share the same speaker set at home, but they are worlds apart. Pinky is from the wrong side of the tracks, and well James... he's sort of a loose canon, a wild card. Totally unpredictable and maybe a little too up-class for Pinky. (Although, I'm sure once dolled up, she could pass for a high class hooker in the Bond world.) And now that I think about it, "Pinky" would be kind of a cool name for a Bond girl. But would it be fair to either of them to force this duo, or could I be creating something so magical that Jerry Bruckheimer will try to buy the rights of this scorching couple from me?
And then what about the Fonz? Other than Pinkie, Joanie and Mrs.C there's not much else left for him. But you know what?
Screw the Fonz! What's he ever done for me?

hE'S a fake and a phony and at least James Bond never pretended to be something or someone he's not. OK, scratch that last part, but I might be on to something here.

Introducing the new Bond girl... Pinky Tescadero
and James Bond 007(8g) starring in...
ITOUCHE'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.