October 22, 2007

*Glossary of Terms

Check back as this document will be updated as needed.

Temporary Residence- A bar you feel so comfortable in you could sleep there(given sanitary conditions). The owners would entrust the keys to you and more often than not, will let you and your friends stay to drink until well after 2am. Sometimes, you go there during the day even though you know you shouldn't.

Team (My Team) - This is a core group of friends at the Office consisting of, The Music Man, Olivier, Julian, Yann, and George Michael. These are my boys, my confidantes, and my drinking buddies. They tolerate me and do their best to understand my broken english and growing french. They also let me sit with them at Lunch.

Research - a long overdue project that began in San Francisco, CA. My Research study started as "Top 10 places to drink by yourself in SF." Well seeing as how I moved before my research could be completed, this developmental article has carried itself overseas and requires a lot more attention/ research. In other words, Research=Drinking.

Maddy - Madeleine. Arrondissment 1/2. This is the Ritzy, well-to-do area I currently reside in. Of course, I hate it. Too many tourists, a Starbucks, and not enough trouble.

FN - French Nazi, (see also Celine) French Instructor

Home - Not my actual residence, but where I will spend the majority of my time. The people who share this home with me can be called Bartenders and fellow Bar Patrons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This brought a tear to my eye. Hilarious!