October 11, 2007

The Grass is always Greener...

But One thing is for sure-- freshly cut grass smells the same in Paris as it does in America.

I was walking to work this morning, hungover and in a french fog. My broken english is getting worse yet I still dont know French. I exit the station at front of train and wonder up the escalator and then down the street to my new office in Levallois-Perret. Levallois is much like Reno-- only there is no gambling and the people and fashion are more sophisticated, and the cuisine is...Let me back up. Levallois is like Reno in only one way-- it's "the biggest little city." Levallois has been a town for only 14 years and my how its grown. Its modern, clean, totally random and I guess sort of like South Beach in SOMA. You are intrigued by it,yet totally annoyed that it even exists. This is how I feel about Levallois.

This is also how I feel about having to work today. That said, the grass did smell nice this morning and you just cant replace those nostalgic memories, especially when they sneak right up on you.:)

Tomorrow is Friday and then I'm Levallois-Free for 2 days. I need to rest up. My men are playing Rugby on Saturday, and I need to practice mouthing the words to the french anthem song that everyone but yours truly knows.

I know what you're thinking... first I go to Paris and pick up an outrageous affinity for Rugby. Last night I get picked up (literally) by an unknown French man in a shiny Peugeot, and now i'm more than OK practicing a lipsynch for a song I dont even know the words to.

So I ask, who is coming for the first visit? You guys better make it soon-- the office band tryouts are next week and I'm considering entering my famous "one-arm air drum' routine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes!

Anonymous said...

D,
Fucking brilliantay.
Keep it up. The stories are a great read.
Though any man in a Peugeot sounds a bit odd.
-Tom C (friend of the Steve-o)

Anonymous said...

Office band tryouts?!? Are ya kiddin' me....I am so there....That will be exactly like our Amazing Race applications only completely different!

Anonymous said...

When the hell did you move to France woman??? I'm jealous!!!

You wax eloquently.

I'm gonna try to be the first there. Sounds like the partying is great, although I might just stick to the beer in the plastic cups.

Steve M.(cousin)