November 8, 2007

Take a Stand for a Seat

Can we talk about the toilet seat cover situation for a minute? What's the deal???
I'm not really sure whats going on here but most establishments, including my office in Levallois, have the bins installed that are to hold said covers, but none are ever to be found. Ever!
Its like "Neat Seat" went around and installed a sampling of bins throughout all of Paris, but never actually followed through with the distribution of its plasticky paper products.

So I usually spend 2 minutes double wrapping 3 separate strips of TP so I can sit.
I'm a tall girl. Squatting is not really that cool or convenient for me. Aside from the fact that unless I'm camping, on most other occasions I'd like to consider myself a civilized human being.

Are the French sitting on the seats or do they squat? Do they do what I do? Where's the TP build up in the pipes? Someone send me some seats-to-go please.

I just dont get it. Maybe I'll write a letter...and then another letter, and another letter every day just like Andy Dufraisne did in Shawshank Redemption. Before you know it, I'll have 12 libraries and toilet seat covers in all of Paris!

Genius. I know.

No comments: