November 7, 2007

Drinking for the French

Sante!
A new drinking game was invented last night at Dinner of all places.
I met up with a few of my friends at a really great restaurant near my new pad in Bastille. It was super fun and I was so glad to be out with people that I'm not actually sleeping with. Its refreshing actually, and I felt like a real live french person! Well, one with subtitles anyway.

So here's how the game works. Everytime I say something correct in French we all drink.
That's it! Its really a genius game for several reasons. The first being that I control it the whole time. Its like being the President in a good game of Asshole. Second, I only know a few key phrases, one of them being "Je ne se pas" which translates to "I don't know." So I just keep saying je ne se pas and we all drink. Not sure who this game is more entertaining for- me or the french who, now that I think about it, do always seem to be laughing at me. I'm laughing at them too, I guess, but on the inside where it counts. OK, no thats a lie. I laugh at them to their faces too. Because lets face it, the French are pretty funny assholes.

No comments: