December 5, 2007

An Inconvenient Truth

Women should not wear heels in Paris. Period.

The cobblestone streets, I'm convinced, were implemented by French Males in order to control the Female population. Only the strong survive and the weak will be eliminated on the spot; Feragamo, Choo, Manolo and all the rest. It is practically impossible to catwalk down these corridors without twisting an ankle or budging a heel.

Fortunately, yours truly belongs to the coveted Donatella society and could easily sleep in her heels should the situation ever be called for. And it has! I'm a Professional. I take my swing and swagger seriously and if you cant walk that walk, what's the point? Sadly, the truth here is that unless you have a death wish, you should not walk these cursed halls I now know as cobblestone streets.

Rue de Breaky, Boulevard le Twist, Avenue Embarrassing Memoir...Sure these paths are amongst the most quaint and inviting Paris has to offer, and it always seems like a good idea to take the road less traveled, or even journey down "the cute way," but I'm here to tell you ladies, and Sean Crowley, this Ducca don't work on those rocks, oooookkk?

Go wedge, or go home. Trust me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so true. I think my foot has been broken at least 3 times. Be careful mon frair. poor tootsies. gabi :)

Anonymous said...

I DUCCA that!

Monsier Crowley