January 19, 2008

fingers crossed!

its been a while. And to be honest, I hesitate to write just for the sake of writing. I have to be inspired. I need to want to share.
Lots going on lately. Need to find a new apartment as my lease to my beauteous current appartment is up Feb 1. As we all know, moving is one of the most stressful things one can endure. Now multiply that by not speaking french, a totally compacted market for une appartemente, and fine... being a picky bitch. Although at this point, ill settle for anything that i can get my hands on. I HAVE to move. But it's not easy.
The SF me was courageous and strong and could accomplish any number of tasks, errands, and to-do's at a drop of a hat. Frankly, I'm the most organized person I know. But in Paris, I have to ask Benoit and Olivier ( my team) to call apartments for me, print maps for me and take my calls. I ve basically turned them into assistants and i cant stand it. I feel sooo bad. On the other hand, my ego speaks in volumes and I naturally assume they like this role. haha:)who wouldnt right?
Anyway, keep your fingers crossed for me people, I need all the luck I can get!

In other news, my bff steven is in town this week. Our days have played out like this; wake up. 2-3 nescafes each. we share a breakfast consisting of apples, cheese and varied baguettes. Then we shower (yes, separately!) and head out for the days research and extravaganza. We shop, we eat, we break for cocktails and totally exhaust ourselves. Then we head back home, rest, drink wine, make a cheese board with accoutrements, then prep to head back out for dinner and more research. .. and fernets.
I love my friends.
Its so like home having him here. We watch the same, we talk the same, we gab the same and no one is safe from our banter. aaaaaahhhhhhhhh. its all the same.

So as I write, steven has just returned from the monoprix-and its difficult to write over the yelps of his excitement and his new finds and purchases, "Look new Nescafe espresso! have you ever had this kind?"
I love him.
Obviously I have to go now and hear about his tales. Those of you that know him know he is pretty difficult to ignore and theres just no rest for the wicked.
Tonite we head to Bar Hemingway to see our bartender friend Colin (lets hope he doesnt remember me!ha) and drop off a bottle of absynthe courtesy of our friend Duggan from SF.

more to come...
wish us luck!
xoxoxoxox

No comments: