November 21, 2008

G'Day Mate


So I just got back from a week in Australia. Spent one week in the land down under, first in the Gold Coast and then down to Sydney for a few days. Let me start here--28 hours of travel time, 24 hours of flight time. yeah...

I started with the first leg of 14 hours from Paris to Singapore. After landing at Changi Intl, I desperately needed a massage. My ankles were huge and my shoulders tense. More so than anything else, was the pure stress of knowing that I had 4 hours to kill and another 10 hour flight to take from Singapore to Brisbane.

As soon as I stepped into the airport, I thought it was a mirage. voila. SPA.

"Hello, pretty lady. You want massage package? I give you good price on complete package."

Yes I wanted it all. Pile it on. I killed 2 hours on a table and in a jelly foot bath in Singa. Lovely.

Then to board the next plane which had me locked in for 10 hours. All said and done, I left on a Thursday, arrived on a Saturday, and can safely say I look forward to never having to make that trip again.

Turns out, that although its summer season down under, it also happened to be an unlikely storm season. I went from a brisk 12 degrees in Paris to a humid 30 degrees in oz. Although hot, my hopes of returning to Paris tanner than the whole of the city, were quickly dashed with my first lightning sighting straight off the runway. That said...

By the time we arrived to Sydney, it was clear blue skies and Bondi beach had my name on it!
Sun, sand, clear water, and yummy food! hurray! All of a sudden, I was immersed! It was "g'day mate, g'day mate" all over the place! Especially when it was totally inappropriate for me to say it, I felt obliged. At night, in the morning, in the store, to the toll collectors on the road etc etc, Gday Mate!
All in all, I had a fab time in OZ and returned back to my beautiful Paris tan and happy.

6 comments:

Mark Harrison - Technology, Food, Football said...

I am laughing outloud right now, no not "lmao" just laughing, love that you were overusing local vernacular like G'day mate, I have been in England for 5 weeks now and been using, "alright?", not as a question but as a statement...to everyone...alright mate....alright mush...alright gov'nah...ALRIGHT! Why is everyone always on about, alright? I guess the opposite might just be true, that nothing is ok but the English in their politeness just dont want to recognize it.

Alright?

Mark "I not Ok" Harrison

Anonymous said...

hey all parisgonewild.blogspot.com blogger discovered your site via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://xrumerservice.org they claim they managed to get close to 1000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer best backlink service Take care. Jason

Anonymous said...

parisgonewild.blogspot.com her comment is here These will be the kinds wherein the dealers offer you around seven numerous years of low monthly premiums

Anonymous said...

parisgonewild.blogspot.com get redirected here After verifying the shape the fund is transferred to your bank account in least span of time

Anonymous said...

Hello! I simply wish to offer you a huge thumbs up for your great info you have got here on this post. I'll be returning to your website for more soon.

[url=http://xrumergeek.com]read more[/url]

Anonymous said...

You're so interesting! I do not think I've read anything like that before. So wonderful to discover somebody with a few genuine thoughts on this issue. Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This site is one thing that is required on the internet, someone with a little originality!

[url=http://truebluepokies4u.com]pokies real money[/url]